I’ve been fascinated with card sets lately. You’d have most occasions or events covered and they’re perfect to give as gifts themselves. I wanted to do something with the In Color 2015-2017 so I’d have five beautiful cards in my set – Mint Macaron, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush, Tip Top Taupe, and Watermelon Wonder (picture below clockwise from top left).
I’ve been dying to use my Flowering Flourishes stamp set for a card. It was kind of funny how I’ve used that stamp set for making gift boxes, tons of envelopes, and even as a background for a home decor I gave as a gift to a friend, but I’ve never used it in a card before.
I was playing with different ways to use it in a plain and simple card set when it came to me… Watercolor Wings stamp set. Duh! It was still simple and easy enough to make, but the butterfly would give it that little pizzazz that I wanted. Perfect!
That has always been my favorite part of cardmaking – figuring out what I want to do. It has always been the most fun and exciting part of the whole process. What I’ve always liked about Stampin’ Up! is how they made it so easy for non-crafters like me to make something so awesome without taking away the fun part of still being able to think up of new ways to make your cards unique and totally you.
For the purpose of the supplies list below, I’ve used Watermelon Wonder. All the butterflies in the whole set were stamped with Tip Top Taupe.
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Watermelon Wonder Cardstock
- 3 3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White Cardstock
- 1″ x 3 1/2″ Watermelon Wonder Cardstock
- 1″ x 2 1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock
- Scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock (for the big butterfly)
- Scrap piece of White Vellum Cardstock (for the small butterfly)
- Watermelon Wonder Ink Pad
- Tip Top Taupe Ink Pad
- 8″ x 8″ Watermelon Wonder Envelope Paper
- Watercolor Wings Stamp Set
- Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set
- Petite Pairs Stamp Set
- Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
- Magnetic Platform
- Stampin’ Trimmer
- Banner Triple Punch
- Envelope Punch Board
I enjoyed making this set and I loved how the colors were coordinated. I didn’t even have to think about it. They just worked together perfectly!
Use the Hostess Code MMERXSJ6 to get your FREE thank you gift when you order less than $200. Be sure to OPT-IN to contact with me so I know whom and where to send your thank you gift.